Winterreifen für Kona SX2

• Hello,

It's getting colder soon and I wanted to ask how and where you get winter tires for the Kona SX2? I have a hybrid model if that makes a difference.

I'm not sure if it's a better option to just have tires mounted on existing rims or to get a complete package with new rims and tires?

I would also need a place where I can store current summer tires, since I don't have a basement or additional storage space in my apartment.

Any recommendations? I'd like to stay at around 1000 EUR for all 4 tires.

• whether to use dedicated rims is a matter of preference/looks and to some extent how much "winter" you expect to experience/whether you expect to drive in regions where you need snow chains.

As for storing: most tire-changing shops offer to store the tires for a fee, usually also with a first-season-for-free for new customers (regular price: 65€ for a set of four and 6 months at the closes dealership here or another shop in a bundle with switching tires, balancing, etc for 145€) - not all that interesting, I'd rather store them at my relatives ;-P

Having a full set of tires and not using the same rim has the big advantage that you can change the wheels yourself and save some money that way. When reusing the rim you have to go to a tire shop and pay for the services (and for the rebalancing) - so that's an option if you're changing to all-season tires and don't have to do the seasonal switch (that's what I'll do)

quality/brand name set of "rubber" is 500€ and upwards for 4, so for 1000€ you might need to compromise a bit - but still possible, even hyundai offers a set for 221€ or 224€ - although description is kinda contradicting itself, says in the title that it comes with Nexen Winguard (~90€/pc) but details list Hankook - anyhow, wouldn't recommend. The tire shops like Vergölst also sell rims for about 120€/pc - just make sure to filter for ones with "ECE Kennzeichen" or "Eintragungsfrei" or "mit ABE" so you can mount them without having to go to TÜV, and most also have a selector by car model.

Kona SX2 EV 65kWh Premium, Ecotronic Grey, 17 Zoll, Bose Soundsystem, Sitz-Komfortpaket

• Hi, I just got my Kona SX2 as 4yr leasing, so I wanted the "Best bang for buck".

And I decided to spend it on a seperate set of rims along with 4 all-year-wheels. Just to use in winter.

Why all-year-tires and not specifically winter tires?

We experience some very mild winters with barely any snow here, so performance that centers on "milder" environmental conditions is key here.

Also, they typically have ~5% better road resistance stats, so that is very welcome as well.

I decided on the cheapest good looking rims I could find (because I need to sell them after 4 years of use, and good looks are useful for that) and used the cheapest "okayish" 4S tires, the Kumho Solus 4S. I ordered everything online at check24 for 1020€ or something like that, they should arrive tomorrow.

Time will tell if I made the right decision, but I feel confident :)